Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY (almost) 2009!

It's minutes before a great year has ended and another year to debute its glory! I hope everyone is having a safe and happy new years! Can't wait till this week ends, i NEED to go back to school because i feel REALLY lost right now!

Didn't do anything interesting in the last 2 days. Went grocery shopping and errands. I can't wait til the snow melts and the black ice is gone ... as a person who travels by bike, i hate the fact that i am stranded at home, or had to trade my 2 wheeler for ttc tokens ... I played 'amateur real estate agent' i guess thats what i called it these days, my mom's friend wants to rent out a suite in her home and i had to be negotiator/translator/representative through the phone ... i was happy to help .. until the phones started to ring off the hook ... it's not fun, especially the fact that i have broken chinese didn't speed up the process ... Hopefully it will end soon ... Thats why i need school to put me in my place .. but on the up side of no school, my acne disappeared ... too bad it's on hiatus until the next tests.

What am I gonna do for new years eve? Nothing.. like always ... i think i'm gonna catch up on watching season 2 of private practice, and eat rice krispy squares.

I decided to put my new years resolution on print, because every year i make one ... in my mind and they all get broken the day after, so i guess if i make resolutions on print, at least they're there to haunt me and such.

Anyways ... Connie's New Year's Resolution:
1. Lose the 'chunk' by all means .. well, not all means, well, whatever i'm capable of. FYI i just stuffed a ton of muffins and rice krispy squares a few hours ago ... must go cold turkey ...

2. Be frugal, or semi frugal, whichever is better for my budget :)

3. Keep in touch with my friends more often (hopefully this will not need to fully start until april when school's not a factor)

4. Start to 'socialize' .. it's not my fault, i was always socially awkward, i can't cope well in social situations .. hopefully i can change it, even if its a little effort.

5. Take up photography ... by taking more photos of people when they least expect it ... like candid camera or a papparazzo! Oww and draw more, and do something useful with them ie mula wise, like taking a photo and selling it to the tabloids or something.

6. Manage meself whether it's budget, time or some other stuff that i can't think of right at this moment.

7. Travel more ... on a budget ... to places that are cheap ... and sanitary ... and safe ... and interesting ... with less tour guides ... man i am choose-y, meh, its bad enough K calls me an 'americano'

ARGH I JUST FINISHED ALL MY RESOLUTIONS BUT STUPID INTERNET CANCELLED ON ME .. NOW I HAVE TO RETYPE EVERYTHING ... DAMN I WAS DONE @ 11:50, BUT NOW IT'S 12....
ANYWAYS

8. Study/do homework earlier ... although i do my readings on time, assignments are another issue, i would like to have the 'done' part a few days before the 'due date' part.

9. Learn new skills, i was able to fix my bike after all the hell it's gone through, anthough now im a little worried of using it, but anything new would be good.

and finally ...

10. Be happy and healthy. Hopefully the healthy part would overlap with resolution #1 and the happy part would be fulfilled by the others above. And hopefully insanity wouldn't kick in anytime soon, trust me, im like a ticking insanity/emotional time bomb ready to explode at an inappropriate time, hopefully that would be 2010's problem :P

Anyways, now i need to stuff myself with food (glorious food), stupid internet wrecked my plans, because somewhere in the world, it is not new years yet, meh, i'll just run on Vancouver time, it makes sense since i sleep at 3 and wake up @ 11.

Anyways, happy new years to all! Hoping that everyone has a happy, healthy and a prosperious 2009!

Connie

No comments: