Friday, January 16, 2009

Ahhhh! Blackout!

Blackout happened around 10ish, just when i was gonna start some new homework :)
Throught that someone in the house blew a fuse, but the whole street was pitch dark!
Anything bright went out, except my cell and laptop, which i used as a flashligh! Texted L & K to see if it was only an isolated incident, K told me that they have no power either, L was pretty confused about my text, as she still has power ... Got to play with matches ... that was fun, didnt have any other type of candles expect those tea.. something candles, reminded me of working at the restaurant where me and J would light the exact same candles to put on the tables, hoping that they would create the perfect atmosphere ... too bad no one every came to eat, and at the end of the night, i somehow end up burning my hand (through the process of bordom .. then destruction). Wanted to listen to radio, but all needed to be plugged in, the only radio was my crappy mp3 playhad to dig to find, but ended up not listening to the AM band, but listen to mediocore music ....

The power went on around 9ish this morning, how did i know? I forgot to press the off button on my tv, and this morning, suddenly awaken by bright tv lights, and the sound of tracy mooore from Cityline (i was watching 30 Rock and went elsewhere after it ended). Went online to check what happened last night, turns out that there was a flood in one of their stations, which effected people in the middle of jane, st clair, spadina and queen, which didnt make sense that L still had power ...
News took a 'bird's eye' view of the blackout, which looked hilarious as it was all bright with tiny lights in toronto except a dark sqare in the middle ...

Now house is recuperating from the cold .. I hope people weren't freaked out when in the subway last night ... And all the schools nearby have a day off apparently ... which isn't fair even though i have no classes today. I remember a few years ago when Toronto had a major blackout, the next day was the opening of the CNE (i think i was still in high school). Me and L got hired by the CNE to work ... she didn't have the shift that day but i did, i didnt know if i needed to go to work, apparently i had to and did ... which is probably the DUMBEST thing they can do, since the place was deserted and they just wasted all the labour for nothing, waste of costs and the fact that they are losing money every year!

Yay my fish survived the night without their heater! Oww one of them is acting crazy though ...

I think im gonna charge up everything portable and get myself one of those emergency radios that had a crank for power!

Happy cold friday everyone, and have a frostbite (no literally) weekend!

No comments: